Sunday, March 23, 2008
Sunol Regional Park - 3/22/08
This was a very nice and short hike that is an out and back. The trail has little to no shade so a cool yet sunny day or morning is the best time for this hike. The park was surprisingly crowded for a mid 50's degree morning. We ran into a large cub scout~ish troop among many other groups (mostly families with small kids.) Even though it was a cool morning it felt very warm walking up the trail to the falls. It took a little over an hour in it's entirety with a short stop at the small and beautiful falls. Just about anyone can do this hike. Once again, like most of the the hikes we have done thus far, in my "not a fan of the heat" opinion, it is a non-summertime or early morning hike. Remember to put on sunscreen for this one especially if you do it in the middle of the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Nice photos! I like the single trees, Eline's expressions, the guy's expression when Eline is explaining something, the tree that appears to be growing from the rocks and of course, the wildflowers.
I don't know what the heck I was explaining...how to hike through a narrow rock formation? ha ha ha I think Jeff was yawning. It must have been exciting, whatever it was!
Post a Comment